Choosing the right cover dimensions for low-content books is key for your ebook to be optimized for the amazon kdp platform, there are many formats and sizes out there, and if you are lost, you can just search on amazon for the kind of book you are creating and analyze the average cover dimension size used, here I will list the cover dimensions for the most popular low content books on amazon kdp.
how do you price low-content books? Check out this short guide and start pricing your low-content books the right way to get real profit!
Most used low content book cover dimensions in kdp
The next list is the average dimension or the most used by most low-content book publishers, you can always create your unique cover, but these cover dimensions are the most popular in low-content books on amazon kdp:
- Adult Coloring Books: One of the most popular kinds of low-content book, the recommended cover dimensions are 8.5 x 11 inches, with a resolution of at least 300 DPI,
- Gratitude Journals: A great kind of low-content book with a bit less competition right now, the recommended cover dimensions for this are 6 x 9 inches, with a resolution of at least 300 DPI.
- Dot Grid Journals: Not my favorite kind of low-content book, but if done right, it can bring you a nice revenue, the recommended cover dimensions are 6 x 9 inches, with a resolution of at least 300 DPI.
- Planners: This here is a great kind of low-content book but it has heavy competition, its cover dimensions are 8.5 x 11 inches, resolution of 300 DPI.
- Recipe Books: this books are always a great deal, but as planners, they have a lot of competition, a niche sub niche recipe book will bring more attention, cover dimensions are 8.5 x 11 inches, resolution 300 DPI.
- Children’s Activity Books: This low-content book’s dimensions are always different, as companies or authors try different sizes to test sales strategies, the most used cover dimensions are 8.5 x 11 inches, resolution of 300 DPI.
- Sketchbooks: A great sketchbook cover dimensions are 6 x 9 inches, with a 300 DPI resolution.
Here are the most popular recommendations, of course, there are some amazon kdp guidelines that you may want to check before creating a great cover for your book, this is to ensure you are meeting their requirements. there are a lot of tools out there to help you design a great cover, there are free programs or paid, cover design is a very important task so, it’s recommended to invest some time and maybe some money on the best tools to create the best cover for your book.
How many low content books do I need to make 1k/month on kdp: Check out how many books do you need to reach 1k monthly revenue, and start earning an income from your online business.
Tips and tricks to create a great low-content book cover on amazon kdp
Here are some tips to help you choose the right cover dimensions for your low-content book on Amazon KDP:
- Always check Amazon’s guidelines: These guidelines can change over time, so it’s important to check them periodically, it’s very important to meet amazon criteria to upload your book.
- Select the right aspect ratio: The aspect ratio of your book cover is the ratio of the width to the height of the cover. Amazon recommends an aspect ratio of 1.6:1 for low-content books, which means that the width of your cover should be 1.6 times the height of your cover. this is barely a problem even among beginners, so don’t worry, just check your cover dimensions before uploading.
- Choose the right resolution: This refers to the number of pixels per inch (PPI) in your image. Amazon always recommends a resolution of at least 300 PPI for high-quality covers. This quality makes your cover looks crisp and clear on different devices and screen sizes, beware, using higher resolutions can result in your book not being supported.
- Consider the size of your book: The size of your book directly impacts the dimensions of the cover. For example, if you’re creating a large coloring book, you may want to use a larger cover size to showcase the illustrations and designs inside the book. but, if you’re creating a small journal or planner, the smaller size of this book means you will have a small cover.
- Use professional design software: This is not always needed, you can create a good low-content book and a great cover with free software but, of course, it’s important to use professional design software, such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator to ease your design process. These programs allow you to create covers with the right dimensions and resolution, and to add design elements that make your cover stand out.
Best software to create low content books for Amazon KDP:Check out this list and start using the best software to start your own digital business.
This technical information can be directly found on amazon kdp or another source, this is just an info compilation and some tips and tricks to ease your work, as you may know, creating a cover for your book is one of the most important tasks, your cover will be shown on amazon’s search results, and that’s why it has to be great, it needs to attract people’s eyes with a good design and at the same time inspire or hook your audience with a perfect title.
Why are my low content books not selling in kdp? Follow this guideline and start making sales on your amazon kdp business