Earning money online as a social media influencer is a reality, there’s actually a lot of people that don’t believe this can be achieved, you don’t even need to spend a lot of time, but a few hours per week to spare between your homework and your daily tasks, how long does it take to become a social media influences as a student depends on how you manage your time, and your strategy to create content and getting an audience, it can take from 6 months to 3 years,
Being a social media influencer is a real job, and you will be spending a lot of time at the beginning, but once you understand what you need to do in order to grow an audience, and you start learning about analytics to create real digital marketing strategies, you will start doing great at less time, and the most important, building your own business.
As a student, it’s a great time to start learning about everything involved in social media marketing, and content marketing to understand this business. Maybe you can pick a professional career related to this.
A great thing about being a student is the potential audience you can reach as you can meet many people with the same interests and hobbies, that also means more reach, as it will be easy for you that these people you know in your school will share your content.
Skills to become a social media influencer faster on 2023
To be a social media influencer you need an audience that trust you, and believe in your knowledge about a specific topic or hook these users with your charming attitude, so, in order to grow an audience and get these people to trust you, you have to create great content and learn along the way this crucial skills to become a social media influencer:
- Go for trending topics and helpful content: it’s ok to create content about your favorite topic, but we have to be realistic, sometimes people is not looking for this kind of content, so, go for trending topics, people will follow and share your content if you are on trending topics, so this is a must, you have to create a strategy to mix this trending topic with your content.
- Be organized: As a student, your homework and daily tasks will eat your time every day, so your best bet here is to look for and manage a posting schedule, mark your posting schedule on a calendar, that way you can plan your next post or you can create content for a whole week.
- Keep an eye on your competitors: You need to see your influencer career as a business, so, now, as a business owner, you have competition, and it’s recommended that you keep an eye on every step your competitors have made, watch their videos and like their posts and even write comments, this can be the beginning of a great journey.
- Be reachable: As an influencer, your audience will write comments, ask questions and sometimes criticize your work, so, it’s always recommended to answer them, comment back, solve doubts and try to accept bad critics, once you have millions of followers it becomes hard to answer, but try to do it sometimes as you will gain trust this way.
- Innovate: to become an influencer you have to stay on trending topics, you have to choose the right content for your audience and you need attitude and great energy, you will also need to be innovative with your content to avoid getting stuck on a single niche or topic.
How to choose the right social media platform to become an influencer
To choose the right social media you have to think about the content you are more comfortable with, creating text posts, taking photos to post them, and creating and editing videos, of course, its recommended to create content in every format, you have to know which is the most profitable content for social media, and then, of course, choose the right platform for you.
If you have great writing skills and sometimes you like sharing images with some text, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook are more suitable for you, Facebook is still one of the most profitable social media platforms out there, so, that’s something to keep in mind.
Short video format is the most profitable content for social media nowadays, so if you like creating this kind of video Tik Tok may be more suitable for you, youtube, Facebook, and Instagram are promoting short video format too, so you can even upload the same video on different platforms to have more reach.
If you are a photographer and you have a talent for image editing, then Instagram, Facebook, and Instagram are for you, try to copyright your images and offer a portfolio and maybe you will get some offers on them.
TikTok and Instagram are platforms with a large student audience, only in the US, up to 70% of high school students have profiles on these social media platforms, so it will be easy for you to hook your mates with your content.
Social media goals for influencers: Start monetizing from day one: Learn how to set realistic goals for your influencer career to avoid frustration and kee up the hard work.
Create your own brand and start being recognized
Nothing will help you grow a business fast, creating a brand is going to help you get more traction, you may be a student, but with consistency and hard work, you may be creating a great multimedia company, that’s why branding is important, and from now on you have to keep your branding in mind as you create social media content
Tips for social media branding
- Fill up your brand information: Once you create your social media profile, try to fill every text box with your complete information, your hobbies or passion, objectives and goals, and your contact information, you may choose to show a personal photo or a logo to serve as an introduction for your audience.
- Choose the right colors: This may sound easy, but it takes time and some kind of expertise to choose the right colors for a business, sometimes your color choice seems to be great but, it will not resonate with your profile or your content, so don’t worry, for now, just select your favorite color, you can change later, but for now, try to choose a great color.
- Be yourself: If you are creating videos and you will stay in front of the camera all the time, you have to be yourself, of course, try to show some energy, even if you have a great script written to create the perfect video, you have to show people you have passion for your topic.
- Be original: We are creating content sometimes as we keep an eye on our competition, so, it doesn’t matter if we are creating a video talking about the same product, you have to do it your way, and branding will help you to be original, creating a perfect introduction for every video, choosing the right word combinations and of course having fun as we do it is the right way to show people our brand is original and worthy of their trust.
Increase your reach by having multiple social media profiles
Having multiple social media profiles on different platforms will help you increase your reach, you can repost your Facebook posts on Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and so on, every social media profile you use will earn you more audience, so better start creating content for every profile you have.
You won’t need extra time to post on every social media profile you have, there are apps or platforms that will automate your process s Hootsuite, plannable and so on, these platforms will help you to automate everything, you only need to create one post, and this will appear on every profile you have registered on the platform, some of them have free trials and sometimes free limited services.
Having a website will maximize your brand awareness and will help you to have another income stream, as once you have an audience, your website can benefit from this traffic, but also needs to be optimized for SEO, so, you better start learning about this, you can start monetizing your website content asap with ads, google ads passive income will give you a boost on revenue as you create a strategy to create leads for your business.
It’s up to you now, in order to become a social media influencer as a student you have to learn a lot of things, but you can do this along the way, as a student its ok if you have a low-budget, or no money to spend at all, but the thing is, you don’t need a budget right now, but some time to spare and the will to start learning new things to succeed.
Once you have at least 50k followers on a social media profile, I recommend creating a website and getting more serious with your branding and posting consistency, it’s a great number, but once you start getting traction, you will grow a bit faster every day, so start now, this is a long game, and with patience and the skills above, you sure will be a great social media influencer.