If you’re an aspiring author planning to self-publish books, you may be wondering about the minimum pages for Amazon kdp books to upload on this platform. The good news is that there is no specific minimum page count set by Amazon. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind when deciding on the length of your book, keep reading because I will show you the minimum pages for a book in Amazon kdp in case you are a bit lost.
First, the genre of your book is important, as there are some books with just images, and these books have a limited number of pages. Certain genres like novellas or children’s books tend to be shorter in length than novels. For example, a children’s picture book may only be 10-20 pages long, but for this kind of book, every picture will be revised to fit Amazon’s rules and guidelines, and a novel maybe 200-400 pages long. It’s important to remember that readers of different genres have different expectations when it comes to book length.
Best seller book category in Amazon kdp: Check out the best seller book category and start writing your books to upload it and start earning money in amazon kdp.
Minimum pages for a book in Amazon kdp
Another factor you need to consider is the book price. The longer your book, the more it will cost to print, which means a higher retail price for your readers. If your book is too short, however, readers may feel like they’re not getting their money’s worth. Find the right balance in order to get your readers happy and you will get your profit.
When it comes to formatting your book, keep in mind that the minimum file size for eBooks is 1 MB, and the maximum file size is 650 MB. However, this limit should not be a problem for most books, as even a 100-page book in standard format will be well within the file size limit, average size for novels is 4 – 5 MB, it depends more on your image numbers.
Amazon KDP also offers a service called Kindle Singles, which is specifically designed for shorter works, if you search today on amazon, you will be surprised how many kindle singles are on the platform, of course, to create a successful single, you have to create a great story or maybe a prelude or introduction to a future novel. Kindle Singles are typically between 5,000 and 30,000 words, or about 30-90 pages. If you’re considering publishing a shorter work, this may be a great option for you, but keep this kind of books works well as a part of a full story.
Best software to create low content books for Amazon KDP:Check out this list and start using the best software to start your own digital business.
Minimum pages for a book
The average number of pages for books on KDP can vary widely depending on the book and the amount of content you have created for your book. Here are some general guidelines for the average number of pages for each type of book:
- Textbooks: these can range from 100 to over 1,000 pages, depending on the subject matter and the level of detail included. College-level textbooks tend to be longer, while textbooks for younger students may be shorter, coding language books have more than 1000 pages normally.
- Workbooks: these books typically range from 50 to 200 pages of content, depending on the subject matter and the amount of space allotted for practice exercises and quizzes, this kind of books have a bit less competition.
- Study guides: these books range are about 50 to 200 pages, depending on the subject matter and the level of detail included. Study guides for standardized tests like the SAT or ACT tend to be longer and more comprehensive so it can take as much as 500 to 600 pages.
- Language learning books: Language learning books can range from 50 to 300 pages, these books have a lot of images and are quite difficult for beginners, depending on the level of the language and the amount of vocabulary and grammar covered it can be a bit more pages.
- How-to guides: These guides can range from 50 to 200 pages, depending on the complexity of the topic and the amount of detail included, images here tend to be less than those of the language learning books, but, are more detailed.
- Novels: an average novel has an average of 300 to 450 pages, many authors create a great novel and publish the second part some months later, and so on, your strategy depends on your audience.
Coloring book niches to earn $1000/month on Amazon kdp: Check this list of coloring book niches and start earning money on amazon kdp, you can create some of these books in less than one week!
Minimum pages for low content books
- Planners: these are some kind of low content book with around 150-200 pages, it depends on the type of planner and the amount of space allotted for each day, week, or month, but there are normally some special pages for notes, goals, and chores.
- Journals: The average length of a journal is around 100-150 pages, but again, this can vary depending on the type of journal and the amount of space dedicated to writing and reflection, this kind of books has quite a competition thoug
- Sketchbooks: The average length of this kind of book is around 50-100 pages, it depends on the size, as there are large size sketchbooks, the format is always the same, but sometimes can change a little bit, these books have low competition and normally have low search volume too.
- Coloring books: These books have lots of competition, but have most of the search volume on kdp, page count is around 50-100 but this can vary depending on the complexity of the designs and the size of the book.
- Recipe books: Average length is around 50-100 pages, but this can vary depending on the number of recipes included and the amount of space for each, there are burrito recipe books with around 60 pages, and pasta recipes with more than 100.
- Guest books: Page count is around 50-100 pages, and they normally have very low variations, competition is normally around the cover design, but sometimes the inner layout too.
- Fitness logs: These books have around 50-100 pages, fitness logs are often planners, two or three days each page with space to write exercise routines and meals, but this can vary depending on the type of log and the amount of space dedicated for day or workout.
Is kdp publishing worth it in 2023? publishing your ebook on amazon kdp is great, but you will be able to survive the competition? check this out if you want to learn more!
These are only some basic guidelines and recommendations, and the length of a book on KDP will ultimately depend on the specific needs of the audience and the amount of content you create in your book. So its up to you how many pages you create on your books to give your audience the right content they want.
For low content book authors, you need to keep a balance between providing enough space for their audience to write, draw, or plan, while also making an easy to use book. The minimum number of pages for Amazon KDP books is around 50 pages, but again, this depends widely on the type of book and the specific needs of the audience, so plan accordingly and keep up the good work.
how do you price low-content books? Check out this short guide and start pricing your low-content books the right way to get real profit!